Maki-San @ Collyer Quay



Maki-san replaces Stranger's at Work at The Arcade, considerably an expansion of the previous space with seating available for diners but it takes a fastest reflexes first to nab one of the four seats.

The concept of Maki-san is similar to the salad joints within CBD, there is alot of freedom of choice and decision making and simply with ticks on the order sheet, I get my lunch.

For sushi lovers, Maki-san offers two options for customised sushi rolls, namely:

Little San (S$6.90) which has 3 essentials, 1 sprinkle and 1 house sauce
Mega San (S$9.90) which has 5 essentials, 1 special, 1 sprinkle and 1 house sauce.



The machine automatically releases my choice of wrap (nori seaweed or soy) and choice of rice (Japanese white or brown rice) which is awesome because I get a uniformly thick layer of rice on my wrap.

The fried sushi option unfortunately is only available at The Cathay - the harried lunch crowd and limitation of space does make this impossibru.

The selection of essentials and specials are exhaustive enough for countless combinations.


The pretty boxes that they come served in.



Grilled Zucchini, Roasted Mushrooms, Asparagus, Edamame Beans, Tuna Mayo, Teriyaki Chicken, Turkey Bacon Bits, Wasabi Mayo





Grilled Eggplant, Avocado, Steamed Ebi, Ebiko, Tempura Enoki Mushrooms, Salmon Sashimi, Chicken Floss, Spicy Mayo

Both rolls were my DIY salad in a sushi roll, one was rolled too tight that it burst at the seams. Dunk into wasabi to enjoy. I do not have a favourite but I thought Maki San's rolls were certainly the best I have had since Aussie Roll, Zooshi and Sushi Burrito



Tempura Kani Stick ($3.90)
Smoky Cheddar Cheese Dip

A cheap street snack priced at cafe prices, these were fried with a light batter and went sinfully well with the cheddar cheese dip. 

It was a delicious lunch and I consider this a close favourite to sushi proper. Modern sushi, maybe?

Maki-San
The Arcade

Comments